Sunday, August 2, 2009

Post Five, Aug. 2, 2009

WOOHOO!!! I'm back in the saddle again! It's good to have friends in low places; like the guy who runs the liquor store you know well enough that when you try the door to find it locked at 12:01 AM he says, letting another customer out as you walk back to your car, "No, you come in ... be quick, though ... is already past late!" (He and his co-owner Wife are Polish, and wonderful folks. Is it sad some of my closest acquaintances sell me Tequila?... OFTEN?!?!;) Well, at least they don't know me by NAME, right?). But, beyond all that, as I am JUST as likely to get bitchy when I'm buzzed, tonight I'll break form and write in an "Uplifting Tone," 'K?

Just home from a gig --- and even if it SUCKS, even if it ended with a row with one of my compatriots (as often happens), it's ALWAYS a better night than if the highlight of the evening was finding a movie to watch I appreciate as I was surfing cable melting into my POS couch and eating yet another sleeve of CVS-brand "Pringles." "WHY?!?!" all you non-musician types (or, even, "hobbyist" musicians) may ask? Because it is, and SHOULD be, ALWAYS, nut-busting fun doing that which you love to do, that you have spent your life TRYING to get better at day after day, gig after gig (well, if you HAVE been doing that --- as you SHOULD, if you're REALLY into your craft!). And, oh yeah, BONUS -- I will even get PAID for it!!! WOOHOO!!! How cool is THAT?!?!? I am PUMPED and will just NOT let myself go the other route and find something to bitch/whine/moan about tonight.

I have a GREAT puppy --- and he wants me to THROW THE TOY, goddammit, because you have left me ALONE for 8 fucking HOURS, and I LOVE fetching the TOY, and you OWE me for leaving me ALONE, you BITCH!!!!!!!! And, in my adrenaline-rushing-post-gig-buzzing HIGH, that's what I'm gonna do tonight!!

BUT .. to be more "me," I will put this out there. I drink A LOT. I have MANY health issues (hey, I'm frickin' OLD ... and, well, I haven't taken the BEST care of my "temple" over the years). When I drink, I truly feel no pain. When I stop for days on end, I feel every little, repetitive, annoying, SCARY pain! Is it really BAD that I prefer to "self-medicate"? (Well, duh, THAT way it is ... BUT ... humor me). I mean, REALLY? Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment