Monday, August 24, 2009

"Honesty ... is hardly ever heard...."

"and mostly what I need from you." A GREAT lyric from The Great Bill Joel ... and SUCH BULLSHIT!!!! (Not on HIS part --- I'm sure he was sincere at the time)

Let's change an American catchphrase tonight from, "blah, blah, blah" to "blog, blog, blog," 'k? How MANY frickin' blogs are out there today; how many are not even READ (like THIS one -- LOL!)? But, those that ARE, and are FOLLOWED --- WHY do you posters get so BENT or HURT or TWISTED when someone posts some comment that is REALLY HONEST, in response to what YOU posted? Isn't openness and honesty the POINT of this venue? Well, of COURSE not --- we're STILL all insecure HUMANS (and, to be TOTALLY honest, part of the JOY I get out of this unread blog is the fact that my ACTUAL name is not ON it --- even though, if ANYONE I know even SOCIALLY would read it, they'd KNOW it was me!! LOL!)! The reason I love THIS blog is because I KNOW no one is READING it -- I can be TOTALLY, UNABASHEDLY honest, with NO repercussions! As opposed to making some (in MY mind, anyway) relatively benign comment on someone ELSE'S blog, in fact, a comment meant to be HELPFUL -- and having to read post after post ranging from, "oh, I hope I'm not doing that -- I feel so bad --- you MUST have misunderstood" to "who the fuck are YOU?!?! How could you SAY such a thing?!?!?"

So, rant over (and, truly, it's just because I was trying to give a friend some business advice that has YEARS of SUCCESS to back up its methods, I mentioned a tactic to her), let's get REAL! NO ONE, TRULY, wants an HONEST OPINION about ANYTHING!!! We're just not MADE that way anymore! We're the product of INTENSE media manipulation that has told us hour after hour, day after day, month after month, year after year, our ENTIRE Lifetime, "You are just FINE!!! Your are GREAT!!!! Though, it wouldn't HURT if you bought THIS from US to make you everything you have ever WANTED to BE ... and to make you EVERYTHING you've ever ENVIED in OTHERS!!! 'Cause, NO, you ARE beautiful --- but you'd be HAPPIER ... and maybe even MORE Beautiful, if you did THIS!!!! TRUST US!!! REALLY!!! THIS Famous Head says so ... and THAT Famous Artists says so ... so it MUST be true!!! Wouldn't you really RATHER have a BUICK!?!?!?!" It all boils down to that cliche (but ALWAYS occurring, nonetheless!!!) question we insecure swingin' dicks get: Does my butt look big in these pants?!?! Like, if you told the TRUTH, it'd be OK?!?!?!? ROFLMAO!!!

Ciao, Babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment