Monday, August 31, 2009

DON'T INSULT ME!!!

I'm basically just posting a post I was GONNA elsewhere in response to a former co-worker and supposed "friend" and, at LEAST, "partner in crime" in this Bullshit Cutthroat business of Music we are BOTH involved in and STRUGGLING with ... BUT ... the motherfucker pissed me off, dissing my Life's Work for NO other reason than to promote HIS sad-ass, TRULY useless, unprofessional, SLIGHTLY, at BEST, talented band! BUT, rather than be like whom I'm blasting here, I'm ONLY posting it here, my blog that's never read!! And, here it is:

And here I swear: I shall NEVER disparage ANY band that "stole my gig," because (in a twist on those those ridiculous Love sayings), if I was doing MY job, you COULDN'T "steal it." I shall NEVER feel I am being "oppressed" by "The Man" (read: Club Owners) because my percs were cut, or my pay was cut -- because HE has a BUSINESS to run, just as I do. Is it ALL my fault folks don't come out EVERY week to see my band? NO --- BUT, if I do NOTHING to PROMOTE my band, I will NOT get shitty about a club owner who busts my ass about low attendance! I shall NEVER bitch about ANY band, especially during these Obamanation Days of Financial Despair, doing WHATEVER, negotiating WHATEVER to GET THAT REGULAR GIG we ALL drool over. BUT, BITCH!!!!!!.... If you DO "steal my gig," for WHATEVER reason, all I ask is what I would do for you: In your promos, PLEASE, ESPECIALLY since we have thrown you Benjamin after Benjamin BEFORE you (or, if you want to stay "benign," one of your "representatives" ... blah, blah, blah semantics!) threw the right bug in the right person's ear at the right time (the SECRET to "success"!!!), with NO more expectations other than showing UP, QUIETLY enduring your lack of interest in OUR project, lack of work to LEARN our material even on a SIMPLE level, lack of real appreciation of the fact that you were basically garnering "Local Musician's Scale" of $100 for REALLY just being, by YOUR level of involvement, a "Chair Filler, a la, The Oscars," ESPECIALLY if you treated us as friends and equals --- BUILD YOUR BAND UP, withOUT cutting OURS DOWN, FUCKER! FUCK YOU if you post ANYWHERE, do ANY promo that states, emphasizes, or even IMPLIES that before YOU got the gig, WE (who BROUGHT YOU IN and paid you GOOD money) SUCKED SO hard that YOUR New Presence is gonna make their world BETTER!! SHOUT out, "WE'RE HERE!!!!" SHOUT OUT, "WE'RE FUCKING AWESOME!!!" SHOUT OUT, "WE'RE GONNA MAKE YOU PARTY YOUR ASS OFF!" SHOUT OUT, "WE ROCKED This joint and That joint," but, REALLY --- do you have to PISS ON US, saying that BEFORE you got this gig, the night you now have was BAD, SAD, and UNBEARABLE?!?!?! PLEASE, Dude! Do NOT compel me to go on and on here and there and EVERYWHERE, just as YOU have SO publicly, about just how hard YOUR band sucks (and, it DOES ... BUT .... just as YOU have so indiscriminately done of late, implying MY band sucks -- I could post a NUMBER of comments, with DETAILS, that would cause folks to stay away in DROVES from ALL your gigs! BUT ... I won't, you ridiculous self-involved over-stuffed half-assed so-called musician). It IS just business --- do NOT force me to make it a WAR, which you will SADLY lose to the detriment of your calling and your family's needs! I have NOTHING to lose --- you DO! ADJUST your POSTS, dammit --- not because we're on the receiving end of a hole in our calendar (because, I ASSURE you, we shall rise above this "loss" ... will YOU? Your ENTIRE personnel list is tenuous -- not so much MINE!), but because it is THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment